I am seriously obsessed with power bowls right now. They are the perfect combo of carbs, fat and protein, of crunchy, sweet and hearty and are the perfect go-to meal for busy weeknights.
Last night's dinner was a chicken and veggie power bowl with a base of quinoa, plus finely shredded chicken breast, kale, zucchini fresh from my dad's garden (I can't tell you how much I love farm-to-table), red bell pepper, mushroom, roasted chickpeas, avocado, sweet potato flax seed crackers and homemade honey tahini dressing. Can you say Y U M ?
Here's why this combo makes for a powerful dinner -
Power. Bowl. Need I say more? Recipe below!
Shredded chicken breast
Red bell pepper, sliced
Sweet potato flax seed crackers (or whatever else you like for crunch!)
Salt and pepper (to taste)
For the dressing-
Apple cider vinegar
1. My quinoa and chicken were meal prepped ahead of time, but if not prepare both and set aside
2. Combine zucchini, mushroom and chickpeas in a mixing boil with olive oil and turmeric
3. Spread oiled veggies/legumes on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 for about 25 minutes or until golden brown
4. Rinse kale and break into bite size pieces (I use my hands)
5. For dressing, mix about two parts tahini to one part water, honey and apple cider vinegar and stir well, continuing to add water to obtain desired consistency
5. Fill bowls with a mixture of quinoa, chicken, kale, bell pepper + roasted veggies/legumes and then top with crackers and avocado
6. Drizzle with dressing and enjoy!