Taco Tuesday rolls around and it still feels like Monday and you haven't made it to the grocery store yet...so what's for dinner? These veggie tacos are it! Its likely that you'll already have you what you need in the fridge (#winning), they're easy to make and are full of flavor.
It's not uncommon for me to skip meat for lunch or dinner and mushrooms have become my favorite substitute. They're a great source of protein, Vitamin C and iron, really take on the flavor of the oils and seasonings you're cooking with, and have a meat-like texture to them - making them a great option to include in almost any dish. I opted for kale, bell peppers and black beans in my taco as well but you can really get creative and throw your favorite vegetables (or even fruits) into the mix.
Take on this recipe for Taco Tuesday and tag @wingspanwellness in your photos!
1/2 can black beans, rinsed and dried
1 1/2 cups mushrooms (pick your fav!)
1 cup kale, rinsed and dried
1 bell pepper (any color will do), rinsed and thinly sliced
Non-dairy unsweetened yogurt
Organic peppercorn ranch seasoning
1 large avocado
Homemade taco seasoning
1. Place mushrooms, kale and bell peppers in a mixing bowl with about 1 TB of avocado oil and taco seasoning to taste and mix well
2. To prepare dairy-free avocado cream sauce, place avocado, 1/2 cup of non-dairy yogurt and 1 TB ranch seasoning into a blender and blend on low until combined well (avocado should no longer be chunky/meaty), once done place in a small serving bowl and put in the fridge until ready to serve
3. To prepare black beans, heat on low on the stove while veggies and tortillas are cooking, stirring intermittently
4. Place seasoned vegetable mix in a large stir fry pan and continue to stir on low/medium heat until kale takes on a dark color, peppers have softened and mushrooms have darkened in color (this took about 10 min for me in a cast iron pan)
5. While the vegetables are cooking, warm corn tortillas on a frying pan flipping until slightly browned on each side
6. Layer corn tortillas with black beans, veggie mix and then drizzle with avocado cream sauce and serve while hot